Musicians Friend - Musician's Friend stole $500 from me.

I bought a $500 gift card from a person that was not going to use it and wanted cash. I got a little bit of a deal. I called MF with the person selling the gift card right next to me and explained what I was doing. MF rep said "No Problem".

Ordered guitar , received guitar , guitar was defective.

Called MF and once again explained that I purchased partially with gift card that originally was not mine and partial cash. MF rep said "No Problem". When we receive the guitar we will credit the partial cash to your account , when you see that in your account call us back and we will credit the gift card amount to your account , " NO PROBLEM"

When I saw the cash amount refunded I called and was told the money went back to the original owner of the card , nothing they could do. They told me it was my fault for purchasing the gift card.

I refuse to be the victim here, I was up front every time when talking with MF reps and was told "No Problem"

Also . reading their return policy , it states " If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase of a new item, simply return it in its original condition within 45 days of purchase (see exceptions below) and we'll give you a full refund"

It says nothing in the exceptions about gift cards.

Joe DiModica

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 10 No 10
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Chris M.

Oct 30, 2012 #562263

Hi Dimodica,

My name is Chris, I work for Musicians Friend. I am sorry to see the trouble you had with the gift certificate refund, please email me your details so I can look into this for you, I don't want to leave you hanging. Email me at as soon as possible, thanks!

Chris M.
Musician's Friend Customer Care

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.