1.7
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I ordered a bass from Musiciansfriend approximately two months ago, and while I knew it was back-ordered by about a week, they didn't actually ship anything for much longer despite taking orders without back-order in the same time.That's just a minor complaint though compared to what would happen next.

By the time the first bass arrived, it had a broken bridge, which I immediately sent back for a replacement. The replacement was sent to the wrong address but was then redirected to my shipping address. I got a "replacement" back which had all the same scratches as before, but also had a new and very serious crack in the body, so I attempted to return this one but they actually wouldn't let me return it the traditional way so I had to report damage and arrange a pickup with UPS which took over a week to even get a response. After those arrangements, they even said they would take shipping out of the refund, which for a bass would be just about all of it over several unnecessary trips, and only yielded when I mentioned a chargeback.

Even after this, they refused to process the return until well over a week after they had the bass back at their facility even though they knew exactly what was wrong with it, confirmed by UPS.

I finally did get a refund for their incompetence, but only right on the nose for the federal chargeback threshold.Over the course of this process, I was on the phone with them for about three hours, and corroborated with the manufacturer for three more.

Review about: Stagg Double Bass.

Reason of review: Poor service, payment problems, defects, and return policy.

Preferred solution: Stop being so awful. I never intend to use Musiciansfriend again..

I didn't like: Lack of customer contact and care, Paying for product not available when on back order, Service refusal.

Had an Experience with Musicians Friend?

Comments